Hell's Kitchen Flea Market Experience.

For the past month or so, I was a given an opportunity to work at the 39th street and 9th ave flea market. This is actually a dream of mine. For some, it might not be that big of a deal but to me, it is! As an ultimate thrift lover, you know flea markets are the grandest stage of them all and having to work there, you just have first hand on every time about to be sold. Let me break it down for you and show what is offered there.

A shot of the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market.
The shot shown above is not even near how HUGE this place is. For vintage and thrift fans alike, this place is an absolute wonderland. You can find every treasure there is. You know what they say " another persons junk is another persons treasure " and indeed it is. From vintage bikes to old school cameras to paintings to accessories and instruments, it's all here. I was and still am in love.

Vintage loafers and oxfords.
You know I love classic shoes from brogues to tassled loafers and this place has the best shoes to offer. Some are used and some are brand new. The thought of wearing vintage shoes always fascinated me. Some of these shoes are from the 60s and I just can't imagine who wore it before me. I don't even want to know but it is interesting.

Classic bikes for all you hipsters =)
These bikes were being sold from $100 to $200 dollars. It was a friggin' great deal, I was so tempted to buy it, maybe this weekend. I got this. It's definitely worth the buy, right?

Pins, sculptures, cameras and other great treasures!
More accessories!
For all of you military lovers.
Painting frames and of course, a masterpiece.
Christian Louboutin shoes.
Well, that's the end of the tour! Hope it entices you and visit the market. It's on every saturday from 9 am to 5 pm located on 39th st. and 9th ave in Manhattan! Stop by and I'll give you a hug!

-Denny

Comments

  1. I can't wait until I move to New York this summer. I try to find cheap clothes by thrifting and going to garage sales and things like that but here in Maryland it's hard to find anything that's even worth the couple dollars it's being sold for. Great blog and style btw!

    http://www.thesuburbandisaster.net/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts